This delicious lasagna checks all the boxes for “hit the spot comfort food” and yet is plant based, gluten free and a crowd pleaser!
Gluten free pasta and two delightful vegan cheeses with zucchini, carrots, onion and plant based sausage make an amazing vegan version of this classic dish.
Gluten-Free & Vegan Lasagna
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Zucchini shredded
- 2 Carrots shredded
- 14 oz Vegan Italian Sausage Beyond Meat or other brand
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 sprigs Fresh Oregano chopped
- 8 oz Vegan Ricotta Kite HIll or other brand
- 1/2 cup Plant Based Milk
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Italian Seasoning
- 25 oz Marinara Sauce one jar
- 4 oz Vegan Mozzarella Miokos or other brand
- 10 oz Brown Rice Lasagna Noodles 1 package Tinkyada or other brand
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Meanwhile bring large stockpot of water to boil for the pasta per package instructions.
- Chop onion, and add to a large hot skillet. Stir and brown and add the shredded zucchini, carrot and garlic. Add vegan sausage and continue to stir and brown until warmed through. Add oregano and fennel seeds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Blend the vegan ricotta and plant based milk with garlic powder and italian seasoning until creamy and smooth. Set aside. Shred vegan mozzarella and set aside.
- Boil and drain pasta til just al dente, and run under cool water to stop cooking process.
- In a 9 x 13 inch dish, pour 1/4 of the tomato sauce on the bottom, then layer with noodles. Spread half of the veggie and vegan sausage mixture and half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Pour 1/4 of the sauce on this layer, then cover with noodles. Repeat with the remaining veggie mix and ricotta then cover with final noodle layer. Spread the final amount of sauce on the noodles, and then sprinkle with vegan mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and brown for an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Beyond Meat Italian Sausage
Tinkyada Gluten Free Pasta
Miyoko’s Vegan Mozzarella