This Vegan Zucchini Quiche recipe was inspired by a friend that shared a simple zucchini quiche in my Plant Based Recipe Group. I did what I usually do, put my own spin on it and added some great ingredients that really took the dish to the next level!
The bounty of zucchini combined with onions, mushrooms, fennel, asparagus and cilantro makes this Vegan Zucchini Quiche dish full of fiber, flavor and nutrition! Tahini, miso and nutritional yeast round out the dish and with the use of garbanzo bean flour, it is gluten free and “eggy”.
Also, cooking without oil ensures this meal is nutritionally sound and supports everyone on their whole food plant based journey. If you are unsure on how to cook without oil, checkout this video for tips and watch this recipe come together live!
We hope you enjoy this delicious quiche. Let us know in the comments how YOURS turns out, and as always – put your spin on it and let us know your favorite combination!!!
Vegan Zucchini Quiche
- Stove Top
- 6 cups Zucchini Squash about 4 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup Fennel Bulb shredded
- 1 cup Asparagus chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 whole Onion large, chopped finely
- 3 cloves Garlic minced or pressed
- 1 cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Veggie Stock or Cooking wine for deglazing the pan
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Miso paste
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Indian Black Salt optional, adds sulfur "eggy" flavor
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast optional
- 1 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour or other flour of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Add chopped and shredded veggies to large bowl – zucchini, fennel, asparagus and cilantro. Set aside.
- Chop onion and cook until clear. Use oil free techniques by ensuring your pan is hot enough and stir constantly. When onions are clear and begin to brown, add garlic and mushrooms. Stir about 5 more minutes. Add broth or cooking wine to deglaze the pan and remove from heat.
- Add onion mixture to bowl with zucchini mixture. Add in all other ingredients and stir until combined. Transfer to 9 x 12 oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Can be served warm or cold and is great on top of fresh baby greens.